Are you looking to expand your firm overseas? Are you feeling brave enough or adventurous enough to start it in soils completely different from your own? Are you willing to learn the local language, and face the challenges of starting up a business all over again; this time in foreign soils?
Did you answer positively to the above?
If you did, what about starting up your business or expanding it in Hong Kong? If you asked why you should, then we have below a list of all the reasons…!
- Easy laws and rules in relation to business – and this is the best part for us. Hong Kong’s business laws are fairly easy to follow and understand, making it ideal for even first timers. This means even if you’ve never started up an Hong Kong offshore company or overseas business before, you will not have a hard time doing so in Hong Kong.
- Business friendly taxes – most countries have ridiculous taxes when it comes to the corporate world; often making it nearly impossible to make a significant profit. This is especially true in the case of foreigners or expats starting up businesses locally. Not here!
- No need for compulsory local partners or shareholders – this is something that is vital in some countries when starting a business. Even for simple things like renting a premise for your firm. But if you plan to set up a Hong Kong company, not only can you choose to be the sole owner of your company, but apart from having a sponsor, you can keep your business, strictly your business…!
- The banking systems – perhaps it’s because it’s a financial hub, perhaps it’s because it’s used to dealing with many people in the corporate level, but the banking systems in Honk Kong are highly efficient and very business friendly. They’re also foreigner friendly!
- It is corruption free – truly! In fact, it is also often fondly called the least corrupt nation on Earth. This may not help you set up a business or help you get clients; but it will assure you that you are safe—and so is the business you plan on giving your everything to.
- Naming your company isn’t an issue – not at all. In fact, once you decide on your name, all you need to do is check if the name is available online (making it more convenient), and then to register it.
- You have the government’s support – and this can make life so much easier. The Hong Kong government actively encourages foreigners and expats to start their business ventures there, and makes doing so simple and easy.
So, if you want to start a business overseas, or expand your current business internationally, there is no better place to do so than here!